Re: [STDS-802-11] document 11-14/1104r1 for TGmc

On 9/18/14 2:02 AM, "Mark Rison" <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Dan,

> There are 3 families of SHA:

>  -- family 1: SHA1

>  -- family 2: SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, and SHA512.

>  -- family 3: SHA3

> These are the only names that we should be using.

Why are you proposing terminology which differs from that used in

the document which specifies these hashes, and which we refer to in

clause 2?

  Because it makes for a very simple convention. Your submission is
unnecessarily confusing because it both includes the terminology of
the document to which we refer in clause 2 as well as terminology
that differs from the document we refer to in clause 2.

  Dan.

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk