[STDS-802-11] FW: [STDS-802-Privacy] Confidentiality in the Face of Pervasive Surveillance: A Threat Model and Problem Statement

fyi…

From: Zuniga, Juan Carlos [mailto:JuanCarlos.Zuniga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 April 2015 19:26
To: STDS-802-PRIVACY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-Privacy] Confidentiality in the Face of Pervasive Surveillance: A Threat Model and Problem Statement

As you are probably aware, the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the PrivSec IAB program (where I participate) have recently issued a statement on Internet Confidentiality.

Now the IAB PrivSec program is working on a new internet-draft on “Confidentiality in the Face of Pervasive Surveillance: A Threat Model and Problem Statement.” During the last IETF meeting we had some discussions about it which I believe are relevant to the work we are doing in the IEEE Privacy EC SG.

This is a link to the latest draft: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-threat

I will reserve some time in the agenda of our next teleconference call on April 15th to discuss about it. Meanwhile, if you have any comments please submit them to this Privacy EC SG list.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

(IEEE 802 Privacy EC SG Chair)