[STDS-802-11] FW: [802.1 - 11148] Local address protocol PAR

  Greetings,

  For those of you interested in MAC address randomization or otherwise
utilizing the local address space, a “Local Address” PAR and CSD have been
uploaded to the 802.1 server.

  regards,

  Dan.

Working Group 802.1 Web pages: www.ieee802.org/1/
-----

The updated CSD is also uploaded:

Regards,
Pat

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:28 PM
Subject: [802.1 - 11145] Local address protocol PAR

Working Group 802.1 Web pages: www.ieee802.org/1/
-----

The PAR for Local Address assignment edited on the basis of Tuesday's discussion has been uploaded to:

I made some modifications. The Purpose section is optional based on whether the standard will have a purpose clause. We generally don't have a purpose clause in 802.1 standards and the content was pretty redundant with Scope. Therefore, I answered no and edited Scope to cover the info that was in Purpose.

You gave me editorial latitude on getting Need to be less repetitive. The suggestion was to combine the last two sentences into one. When I made the edit to the first sentence, there was a lack of connection between how the need mentioned in the first sentence was addressed by the protocol so I added "To provide a usable alternative to global addresses for such devices" to the sentence describing the protocol. It still ended up being 3 sentences, but I think is better constructed, less repetitive, and more focused on describing the relationship between the need and what we intend to do now.

Feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Pat

===
IEEE. Fostering technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.

===
IEEE. Fostering technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.