[STDS-802-11] Panel members for May 2016 conference sought

Hi,

I've been asked to put together an industry panel proposal for IEEE ICC 2016, which will be held in Kuala Lumpur 23-27 May 2016 (the week after the 802 wireless interim in Waikoloa Village).  The general topic requested is "IEEE 802.11 standards family."

The 2015 conference website can be viewed at http://icc2015.ieee-icc.org/
It is a flagship conference for the IEEE Communications Society, and last year included 12 symposia and 1285 peer-reviewed papers.  A summary of last year's panels are viewable at http://icc2015.ieee-icc.org/content/industry-panels and a list of last year's keynote speakers is at http://icc2015.ieee-icc.org/content/keynote-speakers

Two suggested topics for the panel are
(i) The advances on the latest IEEE 802.11 standardization activities
(ii) How IEEE 802.11 protocols family can satisfy the requirements of 5G/IMT-2020

The session would be a 90-minute moderated discussion, and the panel would include at least 3-5 members along with the moderator.

I have a very tight turnaround time -- not under my control, but for which I apologize -- and I am looking for expressions of interest from individuals in being a panel member, so I can evaluate if there is sufficient interest in the community to proceed.

Thanks for your consideration of this,
Walter

Walter Pienciak
Senior Manager, Strategic Programs, IEEE Standards Association

+1 303 527 0934