[STDS-802-11] FW: Invitation to comment and vote on 'IEEE 802.15.8 Coexistence Assurance Document'

Dear 802.11 members,

Please see below.    In my opinion this CA document is incomplete in a number of aspects:
1. It fails to acknowledge that 802.11ac is in the bands cited for TG8.
2. The detailed coexistence assurance calculations (doc 15-16-233r0) completely ignore 802.11.
3. The impact of TG8 devices with beamforming has not been considered.

I'm not a PHY layer expert.  I would appreciate input from one or more 802.11 PHY experts to tell me whether my concerns are reasonable ones.

I get to vote on this document.   As it stands my vote will be "no" for the reasons given above.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +1 (971) 330 6025 (mobile)