[STDS-802-11] EN 301 893, ENAP results

Dear colleagues,

my apologies for cross posting to the 802.11 and 802.18 e-mail
reflectors. However, I believe there are member interested in EN 301
893 that participate in only one of the two groups.

I would like to inform you about the outcome of national voting (ENAP)
on version 2.0.7 of Harmonized Standard (HS) EN 301 893. The HS
describes regulatory requirements for operating in the unlicensed 5
GHz spectrum in Europe (and several other countries).

EN 301 893 has been approved with >95 % of the weighted votes of all
countries (EU and EFTA). Only one country disapproved the draft HS.
The high approval rate is a promising sign for the comment resolution
period. A total of fifty comments were received. I cannot speak on
behalf of Technical Committee (TC) BRAN, however, I believe it is
feasible to resolve the comments according to the TC's schedule.

Please note that TC BRAN will meet at ETSI's headquarter in France
next week. TC BRAN's Chairman announced that comment resolution will
be granted highest priority.

Best regards,

Guido