[STDS-802-11] Coexistence SC draft agenda is available

G’day all

The draft agenda for the Coex SC meeting in Irvine is now available – see 11-17-1891-00

It is currently mainly focused on reviewing the discussions at the ETSI BRAN meeting in December 2017. The general idea is to start thinking about and discussing potential submissions from IEEE 802.11 WG or Wi-Fi stakeholders  to the next ETSI BRAN meeting in March 2018.

The goal is to persuade ETSI BRAN to specify an environment that allows 802.11ax to shine but also promotes fair coexistence with the various unlicensed LTE technologies. The current situation is that the status quo means 802.11ax will have less performance that 802.11ac (using an apples to apples comparison) and LAA. That should be unacceptable to the Wi-Fi community, suggesting we need to find a better solution.

The agenda also considers the recent LS from WFA to 3GPP, the scope of IEEE 1932.1 and hopefully a status report on recent 3GPP developments that affect coexistence with 802.11. Other items will be added on demand.

On that note:

·        Please ping me if you would like to add an agenda item

·        Please ping me if you have a submission related to an existing agenda item

·        In particular, I would like a volunteer to provide a report on recent relevant 3GPP activities.

I will be slow responding over the next few week as I will be either on the beach or on the slopes

Merry Christmas

Andrew Myles

Manager, Cisco Standards

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg