[STDS-802-11] Next Generation Spectrum Management

Dear IEEE 802.11 members:

I have just uploaded a presentation for the September IEEE 802.11 WNG SC meeting in September: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/18/11-18-1386-00-0wng-ngsm-next-generation-spectrum-management.pptx. It is a follow-up the July presentation that Stephen McCann was kind enough to present for me. I have also attached a copy.

Currently I do not have sponsorship to attend the Waikoloa meeting, nor do I have presenter to deliver it in my place. I believe this is a critical issue facing the future of unlicensed spectrum usage, which could slow down the adoption of the new standards we are developing.

I am hoping to find a sponsor so I can present it and answer all of the questions about it.  As this will be a more detailed discussion of the topic, I will not ask for someone to present it in my stead.

Please review it and send me your comments. I would like to see IEEE 802 lead this project. We have real credibility with the FCC.

Rich Kennedy
President & Chief Regulatory Officer
Unlicensed Spectrum Advocates

rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx