[STDS-802-11] Discussion on the DMG, EDMG, and CDMG relationship - Wednesday 10am ET

Hi all

For a comment the Task Group AY CRC has received from the initial SA ballot, CID 6216, it says

The definition of DMG A-PPDU and EDMG A-PPDU are very confusing.  A DMG PPDU is defined as a clause 20 PPDU. Hence, a DMG A-PPDU is defined to cognatian only DMG PPDUs (which are non-EDMG PPDUs) and an  EDMG A-PPDU to contain only EDMG PPDUs.   But DMG is defined to include all operation in a frequency band with a channel greater than 45 GHz, hence both non-EDMG (clause 20) and EDMG (clause 28). To me this is inconsistent.

The CRC has an initial discussion on February 26 and there are comments that the definition on PPDUs of different STAs is clear but the definition on different STAs may cause confusion.

Solomon and his co. have prepared a contribution that clarifies the relationship among DMG, EDMG, and CDMG, and it is available at:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/20/11-20-0533-00-00ay-clarification-of-dmg-edmg-and-cdmg-relationship.docx

The CRC plans to review this contribution in the upcoming teleconference call at 10am ET on Wednesday (March 25).   I would encourage you to review and provide feedback to Solomon and the CRC either via the email reflector or by participating into the discussion tomorrow.

For the call-in information, please refer to http://www.ieee802.org/11/email/stds-802-11-tgay/msg00935.html

Thanks and Regards,
Edward