From: Assaf Kasher <akasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:32 PM
To: Chen, Cheng <cheng.chen@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Alecsander Eitan <eitana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Solomon Trainin <strainin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Some questions for "0807-00-SENS-wlan-sensing-definitions"

Hi Chen,

In 11az the normal usage is of multiple ISTAs (normally non-AP devices) requesting service from an AP, and the AP serving them together, mainly to save airtime.

In some sensing applications, a single STA may transmit a packet on which measurements need to be performed, and may request feedback from several STAs (saving air time again, and providing  some signal information).   This may require some coordination (“scheduling”) between the ISTA and several “RSTA”.  I understand that when the ISTA is the receiver of the measurements coordination between the transmitter is less of an issue,  but the  other direction is still valid (regardless of frequency band).  Therefore we may need to consider cases of one ISTA and several RSTAs.

Thanks,

     Assaf