Re: [STDS-802-11] JTC1 SC Webex details

  Hi Jon,

  You say,  If I put the event on the 802.11 calendar, it would be duplicated on the 802 calendar." Yes, that's the whole point. Why is that a bad thing? I see nothing but upside. As it stands now, 802.11 people who want to attend the JTC1 meeting in 2 months are going to have to go back through their mail archive to find this email exchange and find out where the exact calendar is that lists that meeting. Again, a huge PITA for no reason that I can tell. More information is a good thing, not a bad thing.

  This SG started in 802.11 (due to the singular 802.11 focus on the Chinese NB's push of WAPI) and it has a pedigree from 802.11 (Andrew does a liaison report at the *802.11* plenary for a reason). It has, rightfully, expanded to include other 802 subgroups but I don't see a problem with a little assist to the busy 802.11 people who otherwise need to spend time digging through web pages and/or email threads in order to find out how to join the meeting.

  regards,

  Dan.

--

"the object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to

escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." – Marcus Aurelius