[STDS-802-11] Network Bandwidth issue at the 2023 May 802W Interim Session.

Greetings,
   I would like to ask all of you that are in Orlando, or are dialing in with WebEx for the interim meeting this week to consider your network access carefully.

The local network has only 150Mbps this week.  It has been enough in the past, but we seem to be having issues this week with demand. (you may notice some sluggishness).

I would ask that Meeting Conveners (the ones connecting to webex and the AV system) ensure that you follow the requested steps when you start a meeting.
(Please review doc:802 EC-23/0089r0: https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/23/ec-23-0089-00-WCSG-2023-may-802w-mixed-mode-interim-session-av-training-orlando.pptx )

1.One central laptop/computer per meeting connects at head table.
2.Local speakers queue/speak only at a microphone when called on.
3.Remote speakers request to speak via chat window and only speak when called on.
4.Presenters share the presentation via conferencing tool or have chair (central laptop) present for them.
5.Local attendees when logged into WebEx SHALL NOT connect Audio.
6.When Starting a meeting the host should do the following:
1.Select “Meeting” -> “Meeting Options” -> [Disable] “Allow Participant to turn on Video”
2.Select “Participant” -> [Enable] “Mute on Entry”.
7.For those Remote Attendees connecting to Webex, Configure Webex Audio to use “Music Mode”.
8.Treat All Microphones as hot and live – Conversations in a room may be heard online.

Item 6 will help conserve our bandwidth.

If individuals will please keep Video watching, Backing up or Updating your laptop to the home office or other unnecessary bandwidth usage it would also be appreciated.

As Announced, The Onsite Network Server can be used to get documents that were posted more than 5 minutes (mirror is about 5 minutes behind).

Please Conserve your network usage as you can.

Respectfully requested,
Jon
802.11 Vice Chair/802 Venue Manager

(WG Chairs, please share this message to your attendees in Orlando.)

Jon Rosdahl                             Engineer, Senior Staff
IEEE 802 Executive Secretary   Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
office: 801-492-4023                  10871 North 5750 West
cell:   801-376-6435                   Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!

A Family is necessary to be happy!!