[STDS-802-11] Why do we hear of some VISA Invitation letters may not get sent?

Greetings,
I have to say, we have been processing the question "Why did I not get a VISA Invitation letters?" or some variant of that...

An Invitation Letter email to the email address you provided in registration.
If you give a different email for what ever reason, it is your responsibility to monitor that email system.

If you did not complete the necessary fields in the registration form (Passport #, Name, Country of Issue etc) or
If you did consent to provide your information to the Federal Government of Canada.

Then Face to Face Events cannot send your information.  GDPR rules prohibit us from sharing anything from your registration to anyone for any reason other than just the receipt if you check the "don't share my information" button.

If you checked that button, and then wonder where your Invitation letter is, now you know.

Each person has to take responsibility for their VISA process.

On behalf of THE IEEE 802 LMSC, Face to Face Events has taken the following actions to help individuals attend the 2024 July IEEE 802 Plenary Session.
  1. 2024 July IEEE 802 Plenary Session has been registered with IRCC and CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) as an official event. The event information is shared with all offices and agencies that support access to documentation for entry into Canada.
  2. An Official Event Code has been issued by IRCC.
  3. Event Letter of Recognition has been filed by CBSA.
  4. IRCC Event Code supplied in  Letter of Invitation issued to all persons who registered and requested the letter.
  5. Sample Letter of Invitation including the IEEE Standards name and address has been issued to IRCC to be placed on file with the event registration.
  6. List of all persons who have consented to sharing their information has and is being submitted to IRCC each month leading up to the event.
  7. Our partners at the session hotel, Le Centre Sheraton Montreal have agreed to provide  a letter of invitation for the event including confirmation of your hotel reservation and event registration.
    1. With your permission we will share your name, email address, and registration confirmation with the hotel so they can issue you a letter as soon as possible.
    2. The letter will be on the hotel letterhead, include the name and address of the hotel contact person and will be signed.
    3. This letter can accompany your IEEE Standards Letter of Invitation as part of your application.
    4. Please let Lisa at Face to Face Events (lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) know as soon as possible if you consent to sharing your information with Face to Face Events and the hotel.
If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to email Lisa (lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) She will respond as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Jon
Jon Rosdahl                               Engineer, Senior Staff
IEEE 802 Executive Secretary  Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
office: 801-492-4023                  10871 North 5750 West
cell:   801-376-6435                   Highland, UT 84003 USA

A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!