[STDS-802-11] Liaison from IETF - publication of draft-wkumari-rfc8110-to-ieee as an RFC

Hello Members,

I received a liaison from the IETF, which reads as follows:

----
For information: the IETF is pleased to announce that draft-wkumari-rfc8110-to-ieee has been approved[1] and will be published as an RFC within 2-4 months, i.e., the maintenance of the protocol described in RFC 8110 is now officially transferred to the IEEE 802.11 WG.

The IETF would like to receive answers to the two following questions/proposals:

Q1: Does the IEEE want an expedite processing, i.e., getting the RFC number in 1 month or even sooner? This means that the RFC won’t have a forward pointer to the IEEE Std

Q2: Would IEEE agree that the RFC publication is postponed until the IEEE Std is published to allow the RFC to contain a reference to the IEEE Std ?

The IETF prefers the latter to keep a chain of specifications. Without answer, draft-wkumari-rfc8110-to-ieee will be published as an RFC within 2-4 months probably without a forward reference to Std IEEE 802.11-2024.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/qeCy-UUIkV6lyDK4O_Ql2ADqKoc/#
----

I will add an agenda item for the September session so that we can provide answers to these questions.

Regards,
Robert Stacey
IEEE 802.11 WG Chair,
robert.stacey@xxxxxxxxx