RE: stds-802-16-mobile: RE: MBWA draft agenda & work approach

Mark,Nico,

I agree that the SG should evaluate the suitability of the 802.16 PHY/MAC
as base-lines for the MBWA. This will not preclude further
enhancements/modifications to the base-line.

If the SG will find that is suitable to replace the UMTS PHY/MAC, attention
 should be paid to interoperability with higher UMTS layers.

If there is also intention to provide some mobility, at low vehicular
speeds,
for 802.16a compatible equipment, this may be in the scope of a different
PAR,
that will target mainly the selection of one PHY and authentication/roaming
between different Service Providers.

Being aware of Hiperlan sustained activity for 3G inter-working, I view a
lot of work
far beyond MAC and PHY issues.

In conclusion, the SG may come out with 0,1,2 PARs. Roaming mode
 is one of the key factors and should be addressed by the PAR.

Marianna