Thanks, that's what I had thought, but wanted to confirm that it was the case.

What about my other question about the FCC issue -- has that been addressed by the SG yet?  I would be interested in hearing what the opinions of the group are on this subject.

Puneet

On Fri, 31 May 2002 10:13:35 -0400 Mark Klerer <M.Klerer@flarion.com> wrote:

Punit,

The document you are referencing reflects the status at the end of the SG
session. The reference to OFDM and other technologies still needs to be
discussed and resolved.

Mark Klerer

-----Original Message-----
From: Puneet Puri [mailto:purip@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:35 PM
To: stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
Cc: purip@earthlink.net
Subject: stds-802-16-mobile: Questions

The Interim Plenary Report for Session #19
(http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/mobile/docs/80216sgm-02_02.pdf) does
not mention the use of OFDM for the air interface, whereas earlier
contributions to the SG did so.  For those of us who did not get a chance to
attend Session #19, would someone please explain this omission of OFDM.

On a related topic, is the new air interface expected to be an overlay on
existing licensed cellular bands, or will it require new spectrum
allocations?  If an overlay, will it not face strong resistance from FCC and
other regulatory agencies?

Puneet Puri