From: Chickinsky, Alan [mailto:AChickinsky@northropgrumman.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 4:40 PM
To: Marianna Goldhammer; 'Stds-802-16-Mobile (E-mail) '; ''Stds-802-Mobility
(E-mail) '
Subject: RE: stds-802-mobility: Differences between 802.16 SG and EC-SG mo
bility PARs

  Marianna-

I do not understand your distinction between a "mobile device" and "mobile
feeding".  If I use the analogy of a cable network and extending your
definitions, a cable modem connects to the "fixed device".  But the user can
have a router as the device, and a network connected to the router.  For
this case, is the cable modem doing (as you define it) "fixed feeding"?  And
what is the difference to the protocol on the cable system?

a. chickinsky