stds-802-16-mobile: Re: Comments on Proposed IEEE 802.16e PAR

Thanks, Mark. I will enter your comment into the database of

On the issue of interfacing 802.16e to 3GPP and 3GPP2, I appreciate
your suggestion regarding the PAR. I note that your comments fit well
with the upcoming 802 tutorial on "Handoff Mechanisms and their Role
in IEEE 802 Wireless Standards":
	http://ieee802.org/16/tutorial/T80216-02_03.pdf
which aims to stimulate thinking on a common 802 handoff approach
that could interface to other networks.

I also appreciate your comments regarding activities in 3GPP and
3GPP2. I agree that it is important to distinguish our project from
those activities. My personal opinion is that our intent is different
and that we can, and should, clarify this in the PAR.

Roger