From: Avi Freedman
To: stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
Sent: 1/22/2003 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff document

Itzik and HO-AH
I agree that the term Soft handover is not clear enough. It seems to me
that in Vladimir's C80216e-03/01, it means a soft transition, that is
with no break or failure of service, while hard HO requires a new NW
entry. I think we should distinguish betwee the mobility management
level and the data level.  I understand the term soft handoff in the
data level, namely that the data is communicated between the MS and the
network via more than one base station.  In that level there could be
more than one serving BS.

Avi