RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff and Sleep Mode Ad-hoc: Continuation of discussion

Itzik and all,

Referring the IEEE C802.16x-02/NNr0 document paragraph 6.2.2.3.43 table 56ad:

Configuration Change Count within the neighbor loop seems to me as taking the Change Count concept one step too far...
I would suggest a message level Count that will enable the receiving BS to immediately identify whether there is anything new in the message that requires decoding it.
The rate of changes with the BS topology and configuration is so slow (take days to install a Base Station) so that most of the NBR-ADV messages will be ignored anyway.

Regards
Ofer