Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 3:44 AM
Subject: RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff Ad Hoc group

Hello All,

First, let me say that I'm happy to see a discussion going on.

Second, Phil, I may be missing something, but I don't see how beacon message at the serving BS replaces Ranging at potential target BSs.

Also a general note, from my perspective, there are many ways to do a cretin functionality, different ways does not mean that one is better than other.
I would have liked to see a process ,in which problems (or points of improvements) in the current document are identified and handled.
I prefer to avoid of replacement of full sections if this not fully necessary.

Thanks,
Itzik.