From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf
Of Ofer Kelman
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 15:46
To: Phillip Barber; stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
Subject: RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Sleep window parameters in
Table 275a

Phillip and all,
I agree that the 5 frames duration may me too small of a
period, but at the same time 4096 is much too much. To my
understanding, the sleeping interval should  be around 10
times of the listening time. This gives us some 90% power
savings in time. to get better percentage the sleep interval
grows too much. For example take a ratio of 20 frames sleep
and 2 frames listening time. It is around 89% power saving
(taking into consideration that the "wake-up" process
consumes more power then continues operation). While 30
frames of sleep with 2 listening frames goes to 96%. This
shows that the additional 7% of saving costs 30% in sleeping
time.

I would recommend 30 to be the maximum value.

Ofer