stds-802-16-mobile: [security adhoc] Call for contributions

Hello all,

It was good to meet everyone in NM and get more familiar with the
TGe.  This email is to kick off the work of the Security Ad Hoc
group...

To get things going, I invite contributions (preferably short) on the
following 2 issues:

   1) Authorization: What are the specific inadequacies of the current
      PKM? What is the general scheme for addressing them?

   2) Handover: What type of reauthentication is required (if any) upon
      network reentry after a handover (assuming the current PKM
      mechanism)?

Both of these are practical problems, but their resolution requires some
theoretical basis.  Let's try to get the responses in by the end of next
week (sooner is better of course).

Jose's background slides should be on the .16e site soon.  I hope that
ETRI's slides from the joint d/e  meeting will be available also.

- Jeff

Jeff Mandin
Principal Engineer
Streetwaves Networking