RE: stds-802-16-mobile: [security ah] Summarizing Ciphers, user certs, EAP

The requirement in the CCM spec is that and IV,key pair is never reused.

It is explicitly permitted in the CCM spec to derive the IV from
contextual information, such as a frame number, so it does not have to
be sent as plaintext in the frame. We should explore this further.

I'm not sure who the CCM skeptics are. It seems that ccm is the default
case now, since DES is not FIPS approved for new products but CCM is and
its been adopted in 802.11 and elsewhere. If we wanted to incite
controversy, I would suggest CWC or OCB, which I'm not.

DJ

David Johnston
Intel Corporation
Chair, IEEE 802 Handoff ECSG