[RE] stds-802-16-mobile: [sah] Contribution on EAP support uploaded

Title: [RE] stds-802-16-mobile: [sah] Contribution on EAP support uploaded

Hello, Jeff and all,

I and my colleagues at ETRI have discussed Jeff's initial contribution.
We proposed some ideas improving the document, and uploaded in TGe upload directory.
Main issues are summarized as follows:

1) For TEK key generation and distribution via EAP, we propose to add optional Key_Request/Key_Reply procedure for the backward compatibility with 802.16 privacy mechanism as well as the Key Distribution in EAPOL-key in 802.1x.

2) We have a thought that mapping the controlled logical ports to the Secondary Management Connection in 802.16 MAC requires some other functions such as port control functions into the MAC layer. It is not an easy matter, so we propose that the port control concept would be discussed afterwards.

3) We think that the multiple EAP-Request/EAP-Response exchanges can be initiated by SS or BS. EAP authentication procedure permits initiation by SS optionally, so we can adopt it.

4) We propose to add message format for transmission of EAP packets in 802.16 MAC layer.
- PKM Message Code added to the Table 25 for EAP Transfer Request and EAP Transfer Reply
- EAP Transfer Request Attributes added to the Table 27-b
- EAP Transfer Reply Attributes added to the Table 28-b
- Figure 99 Modified for the EAP Authentication procedure
- PKM Attribute type (EAP Payload, EAP Result, SS's Public Key) added to the Table 129
- Attribute define for the PKM Attribute type (EAP Payload, EAP Result, SS's Public Key) to the [11.2.20], [11.2.21], and [11.2.22]

6) We added some reference material.
- Call flow for the user authentication based on EAP framework using the RADIUS and Diameter as a AAA protocol.

Sincerely,

CS Yoon

º¸³½»ç¶÷: Jeff Mandin[jmandin@streetwaves-networks.com]
¹Þ´Â»ç¶÷: stds-802-16-mobile@ieee.org
Á¦¸ñ: stds-802-16-mobile: [sah] Contribution on EAP support uploaded
¹ÞÀº³¯Â¥: 2003/12/08 ¿ù 18:08

Hello all,
My initial contribution on EAP deals with requirements, network model,
coexistence with PKM, and threats.
Looking forward to feedback.
- J.
-----