Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Virtual Soft Handoff (Soft Switching)

Phil, all,

I believe that we can go into two possible directions here:

  1. Either well define the terminology, which I believe Phil did well (although some additions are required).
  2. Acknowledge the fact the some terminology is used in other standards, reuse their meaning (like soft handoff) and define new scenarios special to .16 networks.

I think that both approaches will reduce possible ambiguity. The advantage of the second approach is that people coming from different mobile world and skip the definitions part, will not misinterpret our terminology.

Don't know what option is better.

Itzik.