Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff]Claification of Paging Announce Message HO Ad Hoc Consensus Contribution

Dear BJ,

Your explain is based on the wrong reference ¡°Paging-group-action message¡±.

PAGING_OFFSET can be assigned individual MSS according to current draft and original purpose of contribution about idle mode,

But Paging-group-action message doesn¡¯t reflect it well.

I admit we, co-contributor of idle mode, have a mistake for them but we don¡¯t care much about it because it is not subject of standardization but annex.

And I appreciate your work to refine it.

But, anyway, backbone message in your contribution should reflect current draft as it is.

As conclusion, PAGING_OFFSET should not be removed in Paging-announcement message.

P.S. I add my reply for your e-mail in line.

Jung Je Son, Ph. D.

Senior Engineer

Global Standards Strategy Team

Telecommunication R&D Center

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD

Tel : +82-31-279-5098

Mobile : +82-16-9530-5098

What Do You Want To Be? Plan, Do and See?