Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Minutes from 6/30 telecon

Dear Branislav and all

I have several questions about C80216e-04_151  Minimizing IP Connectivity
Delay During Network
(Re)Entry.

1. Can MSS always acquire FQDN without any exception?
(Even in case of using Mobile IP?)
2. Why IP address is required along with FQDN for the target BS to make
decision of IP re-
establishement?
3. What are the references regarding FQDN setting in routers?
(I have searched DHCP documents such as RFC 1533, 2131, etc and Mobile IP
documents, but I
couldnĄŻt find any information.)

I still need more information and time to make decision that this is a
right solution.
However, if Ad hoc people agree on using FQDN and MSSĄŻs IP address for IP
re-establishment
decision, this document can be harmonized.
If the serving BS can have FQDN of GAR as the target BS does, and if the
serving BS knows MSSĄŻ
s IP address and sends FQDN and IP address to the target BS over a backbone
then this would
work.  (If IP address is not required, the solution would be much simpler.)
Therefore, if MSS can send its IP address to the serving BS before
completion of HO procedure
with the serving BS (maybe in MOB-HO-IND, or new MAC message), then the
serving BS send them to
the target BS through a backbone and the target BS makes decision and sets
HO Optimization flag
bit #3.
The reason why I suggest that the MSS send its IP address before HO is ad
hoc people have
agreed on HO optimization.
Based on this optimization RNG-REQ is the place you put your parameters
such as GAR-FQDN, MSS-
PREV-IP-ADDR, but for many reasons we can not put more massive information
in RNG-REQ.

Thanks,

Ronny