Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] bandwidth for ARQ feedback and ARQ retransmission

Title: Message

This is a scheduler system performance issue. I do not think there is a requirement for the BS to do that. However I think it is a good idea to go ahead and allocate BW for ARQ feedback and retransmission. It will save the channel from a lot of contention. Note that the SS should be designed to wait for a certain amount before it determines that there is no BW allocated for this purpose, and it is time to contend (or request).

BA

From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Ma Steve-p20680
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:14 PM
To: STDS-802-16-MOBILE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] bandwidth for ARQ feedback and ARQ retransmission

Please someone answer the question below.

  • Does SS need to request bandwidth for ARQ feedback and ARQ retransmission?

This question is for 802.16 BS designers. Does BS automatically allocate data grants for SS after sending a ARQ feedback that indicates retransmission from SS is required.

Thanks,

Steve