stds-802-16: Corrected description of the WG

802.16 colleagues,

I am sorry to find that I did not include Roger's  remarks in the text. At
the last trimmings I had to do, I forgot to include Mark's.

Sorry for that. Here is how it will be:

IEEE 802.16, the Standards Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
Networks [or Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks], is responsible for
developing standards and recommended practices to support the
development and deployment of fixed broadband wireless access
systems. IEEE 802.16 first met in July 1999. The group has four
projects: 1) Air Interface for 10-66 GHz, 2) an additional radio
entity for Licensed Frequencies from 2-11 GHz, 3) an additional radio
entity for 2-11 GHz, License-Exempt Bands, with a focus on 5-6 GHz,
and 4) Coexistence.

At the beginning of the July 2001 meeting, 802.16 had 137 members and
97 others eligible for membership. Those individuals were sponsored
by over 120 different companies.

Vic Hayes
Agere Systems Nederland B.V., formerly Lucent Technologies
Zadelstede 1-10
3431 JZ  Nieuwegein, the Netherlands
Phone: +31 30 609 7528 (Time Zone UTC + 2)
FAX: +31 30 609 7498
e-mail: vichayes@agere.com
http://www.orinocowireless.com/