stds-802-16: highlights of Friday SEC meeting

I don't have time to recap Session #14 right now. However, here is a
quick report on the Friday SEC meeting:

*The SEC passed this motion: "To grant conditional approval to
forward IEEE P802.16 to LMSC Sponsor Ballot under Procedure 10 of the
LMSC Operating Rules." This means that TG1 can proceed to Sponsor
Ballot once we finalize recirculation of the Working Group Letter
Ballot. We hope to start the Sponsor Ballot in early August.

*The SEC passed this motion: "To approve PAR 802.16.2a (document
number 802.16-01/27r1)." This is the TG3 amendment PAR. I arranged
pre-submittal of the PAR to the IEEE-SA in time to meet today's
deadline for the next round of processing. We can expect IEEE-SA
approval of the PAR on August 16.

*The response to the FCC FNPRM (a position developed during the week
by a committee of 802.11, 802.15, and 802.16 members) was delayed
because 802.11 failed take a vote on approval of the document (there
was a kind of bureaucratic snafu). Instead, I moved to adopt it as an
SEC position. The motion will be considered in a 14-day email ballot
of SEC members.

*A letter from 802 to ETSI BRAN regarding 5-6 GHz spectrum was approved.

*The 802 Coexistence Study Group was extended until November.

*The SEC meeting in November will again be held from 3-7 pm on Friday.

*The SEC approved the funding of Internet service at the next two 802
plenary meetings.

*The overall registration was 1040 people.

Roger