WLAN/ convergence of wireless access and wireless mobile

Dear 802ers, etc:

For the first time in history, the converegence of wireless access and mobile is becoming hot topic. Therefore, we are going to put the very authoritative 3Gwireless conference and the Wireless Access Systems conference together to deliver the very important 2002 World Wireless Congress in San Francisco.

By linking 3Gwireless'2002 and WAS'2002, we will talk about the converged wireless solutions - Multistandard terminals, Re-configurable basestations, MIMO receivers, Integrated Wireless QoS, Dynamic Bandwidth Allocations, All-IP PDM Core, CAI-BIOS, Shared Spectrum, etc.

Lots of researches have already been done on the possible 802.11/GPRS/BT, DECT/GPRS/BT, etc wireless converegence. This congress will help promote this R&D effort, but more focused on the "D".

I welcome everyone to join this very unique technical discussion, and get involved in this great effort as a leader in the business. Most worldwide leaders both in mobile and access will be here again for this authoritative think-tank, and we got huge supports from industries, authorities and investors, etc worldwide. There will be very big business delegates from China, Korea, India, Brazil, etc joining the event who are the main driver of this converged solution.

At this economy slow-down, we hope this effort will help bring back our business in the wireless segments and re-establish our confidence in this emerging technology.

Info on this congress is at: http://WirelessCongress.com .

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Office of Willie W. Lu
Chair, 2002 World Wireless Congress
Chair, IEEE Tech. Subcommittee on 3Gwireless & Beyond
Member, U.S. FCC Tech Advisory Council
Chair, IEEE Globecom'01/02 BW, WCNC'02 TPC, VTC'03 TPC
E-mail: wwlu@ieee.org OR willie.lu@infineon.com
http://WirelessCongress.com