RE: stds-802-16: 802.16ab-01/01r1 published; Final Task Group Review in progress

Roger and Brian,

Is it correct that 01/01r1 document was supposed to accomodate the
resolutions of Sessson #14?

I look at MAC part and see that a lot of things were taken out without any
relation to comments.
For example, the whole ARQ section. There were no comments on taking out the
whole section.
Opposite, there was a decision of MAC group to approve block-based numbering
(that constituted about
50% of the whole text) and delete MPDU-based numbering ( a single subsection
of ARQ in 01/01 doc, which
contained three lines and one picture).

ARQ Ad Hoc was created to add to ARQ section a description of ARQ ALGORITHM
(State Machines),
i.e. just to fill empty subsection 6.4 of 01/01 doc, not for rewriting all
the section. Another goal is to change
certain structures (ACKs etc.).

At Page 33 of 01/01r1 we find a list of Session #14 resolutions including
"MAC document must specify the numbering
scheme ... " etc. I am sorry, it was NOT a decision of the group. The
decision was to choose one of the schemes
(namely block-based) of two ALREADY PRESENT in the 01/01 and to reject the
second.

Were the motions passed at the MAC meeting published as "Minutes"? If no
(seems, this is the case), how does it
fit the IEEE procedure when all the motions should be published in "Minutes"
and "Minutes" should be approved by voting?

Another example is the resolution of the Comment #80 that addresses to the
section 8.3.4.4 and requests
"Insert the text from the document "802.16abc-01/03" by V.Yanover". The
resolution was "Accepted-Modifed" and
the modification was specified as follows:

"Not approved:
             1. Section 8.3.4.4.5.1 Synchronization Field: Frame Duration
Code
             2.  Section 8.3.4.4.3 Minislot definition
(These two subsections were tabled: "Rejected sections under examination.
MAC/PHY ad hoc will provide a resolution.")

Thus the rest of material has had to be accomodated into the document.

But the section 8.3.4.4 in 01/01r1 appears empty.

I believe that these are editorial  mistakes and they may be corrected
editorially.

Some SC specific MAC topics are present and some are not without any
relation to comments.

Similar incident has happened already with Runcom OFDMA stuff (before the
Session #14).

I think, at this point we don't need more proof that there is a serious
problem with our procedures in MAC editorial
activity and even in writing a minutes. This really is going too far.
Situation when the editorial team takes the topics in and out without
any legal procedure is not acceptable.

My understanding is that there should not be any way to change the document
other than a resolution of the specific comment.
Can I ask, is it correct?

Some people at the last meeting expressed opinion that it is a faster way to
go forward to jump over procedural issues.
For example, MAC part of the 01/01r1 document was voted while not existed in
any form.
Let me remind that at MAC group at least one day was wasted for the
discussion on the issues that were actually
just an implication of incorrect assembling of 01/01 document (MAC part).
After investing a lot of time into consolidation
of ARQ material and OFDM related MAC issues, we may meet at the next session
with nothing, and all the consolidation
has to be restarted. Seems that the next meeting will start the same
counterproductive way.

Vladimir