stds-802-16: Appointment of TG4 PHY Chair

We are pleased to announce the appointment of John Liebetreu as
802.16's TG4 PHY Chair.

We believe that leading the PHY effort in TG4 requires a volunteer
who is fully focused on this challenging task. Therefore, we have
sought to bring an additional leader onto the TG4 team. John has been
involved in 802.16 since the first discussions of the problem, held
almost a year before our Session #1. He has participated in 15
sessions of 802.16 or its precursor group. He was the Vice Chair of
the TG1 PHY until he resigned to focus on the lower-frequency
efforts. At Session #14, he spent most of the week engaged with the
802 ad hoc regulatory committee considering unlicensed-bands issues
that impact TG4.

John has agreed to accept this position and invest significant time
into the effort. One of his immediate goals will be to organize a set
of clause editors willing to begin the task of perfecting the draft.
This will take not only raw labor but also intellectual effort and
vision. While Chairs do not make technical decisions for the group,
we expect John to play a role in framing the big-picture issues that
arise again and again in TG4, including what makes TG4 distinct from
TG3, how that distinction impacts the PHY, and how TG4 will tackle
interference problems (among competing TG4 systems as well as with
non-802.16 systems).

We are pleased to welcome John and thank him for his help. We offer
him our support and encourage you to do the same.

Roger Marks, Chair, IEEE 802.16
Durga Satapathy, Chair, IEEE 802.16 TG4