stds-802-16: Hyatt Regency Austin is now Sold-Out - Here's Your Next Best Bet!

ATTENTION:      All IEEE 802 Attendees !!!

IEEE 802:   Meeting Information Update Memo  -  3rd Announcement
Date:       Monday, October 29, 2001
Attn:       All  IEEE 802  Attendees
Subject:    The Hyatt Regency Austin is now Sold-Out -
             Here's Your Next Be st Bet !!!

Important information for all potential 802 attendees:

a) Due to the Hyatt being sold out, we have blocked some additional
guest rooms at the Embassy Suites Austin/Downtown. They are located
just across the street from the Hyatt. We have arranged a discount
IEEE 802 Group room rate: $139 single and $149 double occupancy, plus
tax. This rate does include a full cooked-to-order breakfast, as well
as complimentary cocktails and beverages in the evening. The Embassy
Suites offers complimentary shuttle service transportation within a
two-mile radius of the hotel. Rooms are limited, so make your
reservation ASAP !!!
	Embassy Suites Austin/Downtown (on Town Lake)
	300 S Congress Ave,  Austin, TX  78704
	Reservation Phone:  (512)  469-9000    Hotel Fax:  (512)  480-9164
	Hotel Website:
http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=AUSLKES

b) This meeting will again be a Split Meeting due to our continued
high attendance. We will be using the Hyatt and the Radisson for
hotel rooms and meeting space, with the Embassy Suites for additional
overflow rooms. We are providing this advance warning so that you can
make/adjust your hotel reservations accordingly to minimize
inconvenience.

c) The Hyatt Regency Austin will continue to be our main hotel and
will be the site for On-Site Registration, the opening plenary on
Monday, the Executive Committee meetings, and the Wed evening social.
This hotel will also be the site for the 802.1, 802.11, 802.15,
802.16, and 802.17 WG meetings. All 802 attendees should plan to
check-in at the 802 Registration Desk at the Hyatt to pick-up their
badges and a current agenda for the week's activities (Sun 5-8pm, M-F
8am-5pm).

d) The Hyatt Regency Austin is now sold-out. If you would prefer to
stay there, please call the Hyatt Regency Austin directly at (512)
477-1234 and request to be put on the IEEE 802 WAIT-LIST. The Hyatt
will contact you when rooms become available. The IEEE 802 group
rates are $132. single and $142. double/twin occupancy plus tax. Room
reservations may be canceled without penalty up until 48-hours prior
to 6pm of arrival date.

e) The IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group will be meeting at the
Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin during the dates of November 12-16,
2001 with additional space at the Austin Convention Center (1 block
away) reserved for Wed and Thurs. The Radisson is located just 2
blocks across the bridge from the Hyatt in the heart of Austin. If
you will be attending 802.3 and are currently reserved at the Hyatt,
you should probably change your reservation to the Radisson, so that
you will be at the site where most of your meetings will be held:
	Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin
	111 E Cesar Chavez at Congress, Austin, TX  78701
	Phone:  (512) 478-9611  Toll-Free:  (800) 333-3333  ResvFax:
(512) 478-3227
	Hotel Website: http://www.radisson.com/austintx Group ID:  IEEE

The IEEE 802 group rates are $132/night single and $142/night
double/twin occupancy plus applicable taxes. Room reservations may be
canceled without penalty up until 6pm on date of arrival. The hotel
room-block cut-off date is: Monday, October 29, 2001. Please book
ASAP. All IEEE 802.3 Working Group Meetings and daily food and
beverage services will be held at the Radisson Hotel or the nearby
Austin Convention Center. More details to follow later.

f) The Hyatt Regency, Radisson, and Embassy Suites are all located
~14 miles (20 minutes) from Bergstrom International Airport, Austin.
Taxi ride one way is approximately $20.00 per person. For Hyatt &
Radisson: Hotel self-parking for in-house guests or other visitors is
currently $8 per night or $4 per hour (max. $8). Valet parking is
also offered for $12 per night. At Embassy: self-park is free, valet
park is $10 per night.

g) The IEEE 802 Opening Plenary will begin Monday, November 12th at
11:00am at the Hyatt, and the 802 Working Group Meetings will begin
at 1:00pm. Please note: Some of the 802 Working Groups will have
scheduled meetings on Friday, November 16th. Please visit the home
web site for your Working Group for the detailed agenda. See URL:
http://www.ieee802.org/dots.html The closing SEC meeting is scheduled
from 3-7pm on Friday afternoon.

h) The 802 Plenary Web Registration service is NOW AVAILABLE for your
use. See the following URL to register yourself NOW:
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/Pregform.html

i) As a reminder, the Web Registration Deadline is: 6pm PST, Friday,
November 9, 2001 to receive the Web Reg discount fee ($250) and save
$50 off the On-Site Registration Fee ($300) !!!

For further info on this meeting and registration see:
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting
Please contact us at  802info@ieee.org or +1-408-241-8906 if you
require further information and/o assistance.

We look forward to seeing you in Austin.

Thank you,
Dawn C. Slykhouse, IEEE 802 Conference Organizer
c/o Face-To-Face Events, Inc.