stds-802-16: DEADLINE TOMORROW, JAN. 4: Letter Ballot #4

Happy New Year, IEEE 802.16 Members and Friends!

IEEE 802.16 Working Group Letter Ballot #4 closes TOMORROW! This is
the ballot of IEEE 802.16a/D1 (the full 2-11 GHz air interface draft).

Currently, I have votes from 10 members out of 178 (list below).
Unless we receive a ballot from 79 more members, the ballot will fail
by missing the 50% return rate requirement. This would seriously
damage our schedule. Furthermore, members who fail to return an
appropriate ballot are in danger of losing their membership
("Membership shall be lost if two consecutive, or two of any three
consecutive, Working Group Letter Ballots for which the member was
eligible are not returned or are returned with an abstention other
than for 'lack of technical expertise.'").

I urge you to take action. You may cast a ballot now and still submit
additional comments before the deadline. I also encourage everyone
interested in the progress of this draft (not only those in
leadership positions) to encourage their colleagues to participate.

The full instructions are in
<http://ieee802.org/16/docs/01/80216-01_63.pdf>. Note also:

*To submit a ballot with no comments, you may reply to this note with
one of the following messages:
- Approve with no comments
- Abstain for Lack of Technical Expertise
- Abstain for Lack of Time (This last choice does not fulfill your
voting obligation. However, it does count toward meeting our return
rate. If you are no longer interested in IEEE 802.16, you might
consider this option).

*Commentary asks you to save your ballot file with the extension
".fp5". However, ".USR" will work as well.

*As noted in Commentary, ballot files must be submitted to
"stds-802-16-ballot@ieee.org".

The ballot remains open as long as it is 4 January 2002 anywhere in
the world. This gives many of you until Saturday morning to submit
your ballot. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Roger

Current results:

Buskila         Baruch          Approve
Costa           José            Approve	with Comments
Freedman        Avraham         Approve	with Comments
Harteneck       Moritz          Approve	with Comments
Middleton       Andrew          Approve
Padan           Uzi             Approve
Peirce          Kenneth         Approve	with Comments
Robinson        Gene            Approve
Roehr           Walt            Approve	with Comments
Shenhav         Chaim           Approve