stds-802-16: RE: Docs from Monterey ... with questions

Dear Dot16 folks,

Actually I clicked on one file that
does not require/desire .16 approval ...
doc 18-02-033, which is a closing report
from the interim meeting in Monterey (but
in retrospect, I'm glad I sent it to .16).

Only .18 docs 028, 029, 031, and 032 would
be desirable to have .16's approval on ...

These docs are intended be filed as 802.18 RR-TAG
filings, in order to avoid the extra time
required for an SEC letter ballot, and therefore
technically don't require WG approvals, but it would
be desirable to have .16's approval to make
the required 5 day SEC review go smoothly
(.11 and .15 have already approved the docs in
Monterey ...)

These documents, have little or no direct,
substantive impact on .16's interests in
my view ... 032, the ex parte presentation is
intended to be used at FCC, and also as a lobbying
tool to key members of Congress and officials at
the DoC and merely encourages support for the
globally harmonized allocation at 5 GHz at
WRC-03.

Other than the Hong Kong document, the other three
simply support already approved 802 positions ...

While the Hong Kong document is in response
to a public consultation that is specifically
limited in scope to a new class license for
WLAN "hot spot" operators, we did include some
brief descriptive "pitch" materials on .16 to
make sure that they are aware of .16 ...

Regards from Geneva, Switzerland,
Carl R. Stevenson
Chair, IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group
610-965-8799 (home office)
610-712-3217 (fax mailbox)
610-570-6168 (cellphone)
Short Message Service: 6105706168@voicestream.net