stds-802-16: IEEE P802.16a: approved by RevCom

Folks:

Back on December 9, I submitted the last piece of P802.16a information required by the Standards Review Committee (RevCom) of the IEEE-SA Standards Board. RevCom agreed to give the application "early consideration" instead of waiting until its March 20 meeting. RevCom has been scrutinizing the submittal, and I have responded to a few questions.

Today, RevCom met in a teleconference to consider the submittal. I called RevCom Administrator Dave Ringle to check on the results. Accoording to Dave, RevCom unanimously (11-0) agreed to recommended approval of IEEE P802.16a/D7 as an IEEE standard.

Following this recommendation, final action is in the hands of the IEEE-SA Standards Board. Typically, the Board considers RevCom "early consideration" recommendations in an email ballot. Dave says that we can expect final action by very early in February.

I'll keep you informed.

Roger