<WPAN> 802.18 Regulatory docs for your review

802.18 has created the following documents and would
appreciate your review in anticipation of my bringing a
WG motion for your WG to approve these documents
at your closing plenary.

The documents are:

18-03-014r0_Letter_re_Unlicensed_Spectrum_Bills.doc
(already approved by .11 and .15, seeking approval of .16 and .20)
This document is a template for a "thank you" letter to Senators
and Congressmen who have introduced bills that support the
5 GHz harmonized allocation.

18-03-021r0_802_Opp_Pet_RM-10666.doc
(seeking approval from all 4 wireless WGs)
This is an Opposition to a Petition for Rulemaking relating
to a potential proliferation of TV translator stations that would
adversely affect the potential for access to unused TV channels
by license-exempt devices, as proposed in the FCC's Notice
of Inquiry in ET 02-380 ... we already have approved comments
on ET 02-380 and this Opposition to Petition for Rulemaking
is intended to protect/preserve the potential opportunity that
ET 02-380 represents.

18-03-024r0_Cmts_IB-01-185_IB-02-364_Addtl_2.4GHz_Spectrum.doc
(seeking approval from all 4 wireless WGs)
The "Big LEO" MSS operators have had their licenses cancelled
for failure to meet construction requirements.  FCC is "reposessing"
some of the spectrum, which is adjacent to the upper end of the
2.4 GHz band, and is seeking comment on whether they should
allow unlicensed use (effectively, expand the 2.4 GHz band).
Of course, we say "yes."

THESE DOCUMENTS ARE ON THE 802.18 SERVER.
The easiest way to view them is to go to

http://pluto

and near the bottom of the page select the link

"Documents on 802.18 server"

This will get you to our server ... once there, open the "2003_March"
folder, and you will find the referenced documents there.

PLEASE REMEMER TO DRAG THEM TO YOUR OWN HARD DRIVE!
DO NOT OPEN THE DOCUMENTS ON THE SERVER, AS YOU WILL
REALLY CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH NETWORK PERFORMANCE!

Regards,
Carl R. Stevenson
Chair, IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group
610-965-8799 (home office)
610-712-3217 (fax mailbox)
610-570-6168 (cellphone)
Short Message Service: 6105706168@voicestream.net
carl.stevenson@ieee.org

--------
This message came from the IEEE P802.15 Mailing List
Info at http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/15/