stds-802-16: Mesh Enhancements Ad Hoc Committee

I want to mention the new 802.16 Mesh Enhancements Ad Hoc Committee.

This issue was driven by a contribution on mesh enhancements, by
Kamlesh Rath, Howard Persh, Lalit Kotecha, Dat Ton, Deb Ranjan Das,
and Jim Dickerman, presented to TGd last week:
	http://ieee802.org/16/tgd/contrib/C80216d-03_18.pdf
	http://ieee802.org/16/tgd/contrib/S80216d-03_18.pdf

The issue was considered out of scope of all current 802.16 projects,
but there was some interest in pursuing the general idea of mesh
enhancements. At the 802.16 Closing Plenary of 13 March, we set up
the 802.16 Mesh Enhancements Ad Hoc Committee, chaired by Kamlesh
Rath <mailto:rath@cowave.com>.

I suggest that the Ad Hoc committee think about proposing a
narrowly-defined PAR to open a project on Mesh Enhancements.

I suspect that the interest in this topic will be rather limited.
Therefore, I think that the best thing to do is to let Kamlesh know
if you want to participate in it and then organize discussions
informally, without use of the reflector. Kamlesh: keep records of
the participants and discussions, and keep the Working Group
reflector informed of your status. Plan to submit some kind of report
in time for consideration at Session #25. That would also be the
right time to have the Working Group consider a PAR.

Roger