stds-802-16: Session #25 and SARS

802.16's Session #25 <http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg25> is
scheduled for 12-15 May 2003 in Singapore, in conjunction with
meetings of the other 802 wireless groups.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about the impact of Severe
Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) on the meetings. For example, the
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) "advises that
people planning elective or non-essential travel to mainland China
and Hong Kong; Singapore; and Hanoi, Vietnam may wish to postpone
their trips until further notice"
<http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r030329.htm>.

There are also some concerns about visa requirements
<http://www.mfa.gov.sg/consular/visa/visa_reqforeign.htm>. Nationals
of some countries will require a visa. The application
<http://www.sir.gov.sg/visitor_sc/visaappln.html> requests a "Letter
of Introduction-LOI" issued by a Local Contact in Singapore. It's not
clear who might issue such a letter to 802 attendees.

802.15 Chair Bob Heile is the primary contact for this meeting and
received a report from the hotel on March 29 (see below). The
wireless chairs will be holding a teleconference tomorrow. Please
feel free to let me know of any concerns so I can relay them.

Roger