stds-802-16: Your contribution C802.16d-03/92 on RSSI measurement

Hi Choong-iL,

My concern with this proposal is as follows;

8.3.8.2 says that "RSSI measurements offer reasonably reliable channel strength assessments", the implication is that RSSI is measured over the channel bandwidth.  802.16 supports a large number of channel bandwidth options, and it is likely that one radio design may support more than one bandwidth.  With this in mind a modem would most likely include some post-ADC signal processing, namely a low-pass filter which defines the channel bandwidth.  This is the point at which channel RSSI would be measured.  By performing this measurement at the ADC we may include adjacent channels in the RSSI measurement, the ampitude of these channels is not defined an will result in an underterministic error in the RSSI measurement.  The argument that this could be 'calibrated out' only holds if we know in advance what the interference environment looks like.  As we are to include this informative text then I feel it benefit by mentioning channel filtering.

Regards,
Martin.