Re: [STDS-802-16] What happened to the stds-802-16 subject header?

Eric, all,

I just replied to Marianna's mail, which was without the
subject line.

I did not react of the fact that Marianna's mail was without
the subject line, but meant to request that the future
discussions of the specific ad hoc that Marianna chairs, will
be on the open reflector and not in a closed mail list, with
a subject line for filtering.

Although, you are correct, and we should put a subject line.

Sorry if I wasn't clear (late hour in Israel ...).

Best Regards,
Itzik.

Jacobsen, Eric A
> Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 21:41
> To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
> Subject: What happened to the stds-802-16 subject header?
>

> Itzik, all,
>
> For some reason the 802.16 reflector traffic is no longer
adding the
> stds-802-16 header in the subject line.  I agree with Itzik
that this
> makes it difficult to filter the traffic, and defeats the
sorting rules
> in mail handlers.  If the server can be adjusted to add a
suitable
> subject header the 802.16 traffic won't be as subject to
deletion by
> spam filters, etc., in many of our in-boxes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eric Jacobsen
> Minister of Algorithms
> Intel Corporation

Itzik Kitroser
> Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 12:15 PM
> To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
>
> Marianna,
>
> Can you please make the discussion on the open reflector,
> with a designated mail header, such that non-interesting
> people can filter it out.
> I believe that, as was done in other ad hocs, such open
> process will reach more people, which does not know in the
> moment if they are interested or not, but may be, according
> to the progress of the work.
> In addition, it will be easier to avoid maintaining big
> address lists, which may be increased with addition of
others.