From: owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of Yigal Leiba
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 6:16 AM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] Resolution of comment 332

Jeff, Vladimir,

I think that the secondary management connection was born in sin, as a
vehicle to carry the DHCP, TFTP, TOD and similar functionality inherited
from DOCSiS. Later on, SNMP was add to the list.
In my view this is all twisted, because as opposed to DOCSiS which emulates
a LAN, 802.16 does not, and DHCP and TFTP should in fact be handled
differently because one is IP and one isn't. I that respect I fully support
the idea to kill SM connection and to specify instead that regular data
connection may carry CS SDUs addressed to the SS itself [as provisioned
through DSx].

Yigal