From: Iyer, Prakash [mailto:prakash.iyer@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 7:29 PM
To: Vladimir Yanover; STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-16] Resolution of comment 332

The SS/MSS will be the destination for these messages. For example MIP
agent advertisements precede any control plane exchanges between an MSS
and a home agent (such as a registration / binding update). RFC 3344
gives more details on how router advertisements are used for unsolicited
foreign agent advertisements and ICMP router discovery messages are used
to solicit a response from a FA. With IPv6, you are unlikely to see DHCP
used. An SS/MSS will obtain an IP address based on a prefix advertised
by a router - which may include a normal routable prefix or special
routable prefixes such as 6To4. Bottom line is that many of these IP
datagrams have to be delivered prior to the MSS initiating control plane
traffic to the network.

-Prakash