Re: [STDS-802-16] Base Station IP Address

Presume that the SS will request and obtain an IP address (and DNS domain) for itself via DHCP or an equivalent scheme as part of completing its network entry procedure.
-Prakash

From: owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Pedro Neves
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 2:35 AM
To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [STDS-802-16] Base Station IP Address

Dear All,

Regarding the IEEE 802.16-REVd draft, I have a doubt concerning the address of the Base Station and the address of the Subscriber Station.

I know that the BS and the SS have one MAC address. However, I am not sure if they have an IP address. For instance, if a new SS joins the network, what IP address will the SS announce to the terminal connected to it? Is the SS responsible for this task?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Pedro Neves