[STDS-802-16] Comment #147: subch. NW entry in OFDM mode

Hi All,

I would like to clarify my considerations for comment #147 'format of
subchannelized NW entry'

The comment is a consequence of the introduction of BPSK and the decision to
increase the NW entry request to 4 symbols, (2 preamble symbols and 2 data
symbols, Instead of 2 preamble and 1 data in the QPSK case). The subch. NW
entry currently takes 3 symbols. The comment suggests to increase it to 4
symbols, by adding another subch. preamble symbol.

The main motivation is that both message types content on the same initial
ranging UL allocation. The size of this allocation is determined by the
message duration and the roundtrip delay. In this case the allocation
will be determined by the longest of the two messages. Thus, by equating the
length of both messages, no penalty in efficiency is introduced.

On the other hand, by introducing an additional subchannelized preamble
symbol we increase the effective SNR. This improves the detection
probabilities, and the estimation accuracy. This is important because the
total symbol-energy/noise ratio is low due to the use of subchannelization.

Hope to gain your support on this,

Regards,

>               Tal Kaitz
>                Alvarion
>
>               21 HaBarzel Street
>               P.O.Box 13139, Tel Aviv 61131, Israel
>               Tel: (972)- 3 -6456273/6262
>               Fax: (972) -3 -6456222
>
>                Email: tal.kaitz@alvarion.com        www.alvarion.com
>
>                    The information contained in this electronic mail
> message is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for use of
> the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of
> this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and
> delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com

********
viruses.
********
This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com