Re: [STDS-802-16] DLFP and HFDD

Barra,

Here is a quote from the new draft (D5), page 513, line 32 (OFDM DL_MAP
IE format section)
"Connection Identifier (CID)
Represents the assignment of the IE to a broadcast, multicast or unicast
address.
If the broadcast or multicast CID is used then it is possible to
concatenate unicast MAC PDUs (with different CIDs) into a single DL
burst. During a broadcast or multicast DL burst it is the responsibility
of the BS to ensure that any MAC PDUs sent to an HFDD SS do not overlap
(in time; taking TTG and RTG into account) any UL allocations for that
SS. An HFDD SS for which a DL MAP IE and UL MAP IE overlap in time shall
use the UL allocation and discard DL traffic during the overlapping
period. "

The description is general about time period and not just about PDUs --
correction to my previous note.

Following the SS UL transmission period, if the SS has the ability to
synchronize to the next burst (may be possible in the OFDM/OFDMA PHYs,
with the fact the DL MAP is known to the SS), then he can continue to
receive DL data (randomizer is initialized for every burst). Therefore I
don't believe that the situation is bad as described in Raja's mail.

As a general approach, I believe we should keep any details about
scheduler implementation out of the scope of our standard; therefore the
above language about scheduler behavior is enough.

Regards,
Itzik.