[STDS-802-16] Proposed PAR: Corrigendum to IEEE Std 802.16-2004

Folks,

There has been a lot of discussion about how to do:
        (a) Corrections to 802.16-2004
        (b) Enhancements to 802.16-2004

Here are my views.

(a) Corrections to 802.16-2004

A Corrigendum is "a document that only contains substantive
corrections to an existing IEEE standard". It's a maintenance
document. Corrections would fix editorial errors, inconsistencies,
and ambiguities. A Corrigendum PAR would let us write and ballot
those corrections very quickly and get them over with. Back on June 23
<http://ieee802.org/16/arc/802-16list2/msg01649.html>, I opened up a
maintenance process and said I'd schedule time at the Opening Plenary
to vote on a Corrigendum PAR.

In order to move the process forward, I have drafted a PAR for a
Corrigendum to IEEE Std 802.16-2004:
        <http://ieee802.org/16/docs//04/C80216-04_16.pdf>

I'd like us to consider this on 12 July.

(b) Enhancements to 802.16-2004

We do not have a project to do enhancements to 802.16-2004, except
for mobile enhancements within the scope of 802.16e. As I see it, if
you want to make other improvements to 802.16-2004, you will have to
wait. We do not work in continual improvement process. We complete a
project and move on to the next project. We have just completed
802.16-2004, and I don't know if the WG is ready to reopen it and
rewrite it again.

Roger