From: Jiho Jang [mailto:jiho.jang@samsung.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 12:32 PM
To: Yossi Segal
Cc: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Re: [STDS-802-16] Fwd: [STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] reasonings for OMI

Hi, Yossi,

Let me answer your comments.

(1) I agree that the PUSC can use all subcarriers with the 'PUSC with all subchannels'. But the hit property and the diversity gain of the PUSC is worse than that of the O-FUSC.

(2) The FUSC can meet the spectrum mask also.

(3) If you are saying the full loaded situation, the permutation itself has no meaning. For the slightly loaded situation, the SIR with the O-FUSC is better than the PUSC with all subchannels by about 1.5dB.

(4) The difference of diversity gain is small. However, there is no reason why we do not use the O-FUSC which has no disadvantage, but has a bunch of advantages.

Moreover, by employing the OMI, we can use the O-FUSC for the whole DL subframe when you do not want to deploy the system as 1/3 frequency reuse. In this case, the use of  zone switch IE after the first 1 or 2 symbols is just an overhead, which sacrifices the throughput.

Regards,

Jiho

sec_logo.gif Jiho Jang (Ph. D)

NTP Development Team (System Lab. 2)